At Saint-Gobain, privacy is a serious matter and we are committed to protecting it. This policy explains when, why and how companies in our group:
- collect personal data about individuals;
- use this information;
- disclose this kind of data to others, when this is necessary and under certain conditions;
- keep secure and confidential this personal data.
Types of Data Collected  
Various types of personal data may be collected by the Site, including:
- Phone number
- IP address
- Professional information (e.g. employer, location, job title etc.)
- Personal information for Sweepstakes and Contests. When you enter a contest or other promotional event on the Site, we may ask for your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. This information is used to administer the contest and notify winners.
How Company Uses the Collected Data
The collected data:
- Are for internal use only and are directed to those responsible for handling the user's request,
- Are used to provide and improve the Site and personalize the user experience,
- May be used to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activity,
- May be used for any other purpose we describe when we collect the information, and
- Are kept only as long as necessary to carry out the purposes defined above .
Any personal data that may be collected through the use of this Site will be processed and stored by the Company  in accordance with [US law].
How Company May Share the Collected Data
Company may disclose personal data collected through the use of this Site :
- To Company’s third party service providers that assist Company in the operation of its business and the Site,
- To a purchaser or successor entity in connection with the sale, merger, assignment or other transfer of Company or any of its affiliates, or line of business or product of Company or any of its affiliates,
- To respond to law enforcement requests or where Company determines that disclosure is required by applicable laws, court orders or government regulations,
- If you have consented to the disclosure.
Do Not Track
The Site does not support Do Not Track at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
What about your links to other web sites? Is my information protected by these sites?
This Site may contain links to other web sites. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. The Company encourages our users to be aware when they leave this Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by this Site. Additionally, the existence of any external link does not suggest that we are endorsing the linked company or its products or services.
Access to Your Personal Data; Questions and Comments
We will provide you with reasonable access to your personal data in accordance with relevant laws, including by making reasonable efforts to provide you with the opportunity to update your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your personal information.
If at any time you wish to update your information or stop receiving communications from our Site, our partners, or selected third parties, you may refer to the Contact Us form on the site to send a change request to the Webmaster.
When you visit the Site, cookies may be automatically installed and temporarily saved in your computer’s memory or on its hard disk in order to make it easier for you to navigate around our site. Cookies do not enable us to identify you, but are used to record information about the pages you have viewed on our Site, the date and time of your visit to the site, etc.
Please find hereunder the list of the cookies used by the Site and their purpose:
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Saves the address and port number of the web server that is managing the session. Used to improve the website's performance security.
Preserves users states across page requests.
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Remembers the user's selected language version of a website
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Used by Google Tag Manager to control the loading of a Google Analytics script tag.
Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
Used by Google Analytics to throttle request
Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
Used by Typekit to load custom fonts only when not previously loaded
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
_cc_aud, _cc_cc, _cc_dc, _cc_id, _kuid_
Collects anonymous statistical data related to the user's website visits, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been loaded. The purpose is to segment the website's users according to factors such as demographics and geographical location, in order to enable media and marketing agencies to structure and understand their target groups to enable customized online advertising.
Determines if the user's navigation should be registered in a certain statistical place holder.
Collects data about user pathing and acquisition
bcookie. BizoID, bscookie
Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.
Collects anonymous data related to the user's visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average ti me spent on the website and what pages have been loaded, with the purpose of displaying targeted ads.
demdex, did, dpm
Via a unique ID that is used for semantic content analysis, the user's navigation on the website is registered and linked to offline data from surveys and similar registrations to display targeted ads.
Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.
Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location.
i, id, i_146, PUBMDCID
Registers anonymized user data, such as IP address, geographical location, visited websites, and what ads the user has clicked, with the purpose of optimizing ad display based on the user's movement on websites that use the same ad network.
Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user's actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser's ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.
Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.
Used for the Pardot platform
This cookie is used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behavior. It tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
Used to determine what type of devices (smartphones, tablets, computers, TVs etc.) is used by a user
Creates a unique, machine-generated user ID. AddThis, which is owned by Clearspring Technologies, uses the user ID to make it possible for the user to share content across social networks and provide detailed statistics to various providers.
Registers the user's sharing of content via social media
General Cookie Settings
You can use the settings within your browser to control the cookies that are set on your computer or mobile device.
You can disable cookies in your web browser. However, this will disable all cookies used by your browser, including those from other websites, which may cause certain settings or information to be altered or lost. Disabling cookies may change your browsing experience on our website, or may make navigating around the site more difficult.
- ANALYTICS COOKIES ON the site
This Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). The information generated by the cookie about your use of this Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activities for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where this is required by law or insofar as third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Google will never associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You may refuse the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; however please note that if you do so you may not be able to use the full functionality of this Site. By using this Site you consent to the processing by Google of data relating to you in the manner and for the purposes mentioned above.
For more info about the Google Analytics cookies, click here.
Another alternative to deactivate Google Analytics is to install a small plugin proposed by Google for the major browsers.
- The FTC and state regulators have stressed clarity in privacy policies. It is recommended that headings be used for US privacy policies to improve clarity.
- US law mandates that website operators disclose the categories of personal information collected through the Site. This list does not need to be exhaustive, but should contain sufficient representations of types of data such as contact information and demographic data, if any, and should list out any sensitive information such as geo-location or biometric data.
- It is recommended to be specific when defining the length of time the personal data collected is stored. However, if it is unclear how long the data will be kept, it is recommended that we not be specific because even unintentional misrepresentation of the length of time any piece of data is stored could subject the company to liability under the FTC Act and various state consumer protection laws
- Make sure that the Company editing the Site is in fact the data processor.
- Under US law, website operators must inform users of the categories of third parties with whom their personal data may be shared.